Our client is a leading international specialty chemicals company with sales in excess of $1 billion. With a global team of approximately 2000 employees, located in more than 20 countries, their footprint in market is both large and varied. Relying on manufacturing plants housed in North America and Europe, our partner produces innovative chemical solutions for the oil refinery, fuel specialty, oilfield and personal care markets.
Our client’s Fuel Specialties business is a market leader in additives for diesel, gasoline and jet fuel. Located in the Greater Philadelphia Area, we are seeking an industry experienced Refinery Additives Manager for Fuel Specialties to join our team. Part of a small fuel focused research and technology group, this senior level technical position is housed within the Fuel Specialties Americas business. This critical role will develop and lead programs to address industry, customer and sales initiatives for all non-aviation refinery additive products manufactured by our client (Including PPD, H2S additives) and support other refinery additive products (AO, DMD, CI/LI, Dyes and Cetane). Further, this position will help develop programs that drive the need for new technologies leading to the commercialization of new products in market.
A newly created position we see this role acting as a conduit between our chemists, our customers and our industry at large. As such, your previous experience in the chemical industry with 5+ years supporting refinery operations and / or processes, coupled with your experience in fuel additives including product development & research will be both appreciated and valued. An analytical thinker, possessing strong problem solving capabilities, high attention to detail and a desire to work in partnership with our customers and sales teams; you will lead projects, mentor junior employees (Application Chemists) and liaise with senior management to support current products and commercialize new ones.
This is a career game changer – where you will join an experienced team who love what they do, strive for excellence and create meaningful, long term careers
- Manage non-aviation refinery product line (PPD, H2S additives) and support other refinery additive products (AO, DMD, CI/LI, Dyes and Cetane)
- Develop and lead programs as directed by technical management to address industry, customer and sales / business initiatives.
- Responsible for planning and delivering agreed research program
- Develop Project Plans (Work Requests, Technical Requests)
- Manage projects in line with Plan to meet Milestones & Deliverable
- Undertake experimental laboratory work to achieve milestones and deliverables of project
- Commercialize new products resulting from associated programs
- Site / Refinery visits to support sales force and enhance presence within existing and potential new customers to increase sales of refinery additives.
Reporting to VP Research and Development
- Monthly project reviews/ Technical Call reports
- Mentoring individuals supporting the product lines and programs
- Develop objectives, and carry out performance reviews of support staff
- Significant experience in refinery operations and processes (5-7 years)
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Experience in fuel additives or related product areas
- Excellent communication skills, oral written and presentation
- Good management and interpersonal skills
- Previous successful project management experience where you have led teams to deadline
- The ability to participate in an interdisciplinary team and desire to mentor/ develop junior staff
- Highly competitive base salary and performance bonus
- Excellent benefits with unmatched medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Lovely 401(k) program with company match, pension