Our client is a very small company with a unique product that a government agency is funding to begin prototype manufacturing because the agency wants the product for our warriors. It will allow the company to commercialize their business without having to raise the funds required to make that happen. They will also obtain FDA approval for their device. Your risk of joining this company is greatly reduced. Funding should occur in the 2nd or 3rd week of June.
- Responsible for the device development including conceptual design, prototyping, and testing, design for manufacturing, transfer to manufacturing
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians supporting the program
- Work cross-functionally with the manufacturing and equipment development team – Experience managing engineering teams
- 10+ years experience developing sophisticated mechanical systems, medical devices, plastic molded components, sheet metal, and a range of manufacturing technologies.
- Experience working under an FDA compliant quality system and processes.
- Support vendor selection and oversee vendor effort such as injection tooling, molding, etc.
- Work under tight timelines. Good with test-pivot-and-change startup development approach
- Excellent interrelations skills to coordinate and collaborate with other
Lead Engineers, Project Manager, and the Task Team.
BSME. BSBiomedE. 10+ years experience in new product development.
Strongly prefer experience with a start-up or rapidly growing early stage or small company.