The Process Engineer is responsible for the analysis of methods, processes, tools and systems required for the company’s manufacturing and fabrication activities. Defines and develops the most efficient manufacturing process methods, parameters, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs complex research and analysis tasks to determine best process design approach.
- Involved in the selection of the most appropriate and cost-effective manufacturing engineering tools, machines, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- manufacturing costs and suggests manufacturing process adjustments and improvements.
- Determines equipment requirements to ensure equipment is compatible with process.
- Selects new manufacturing processes and may introduce new equipment to existing process.
- Provides technical assistance to manufacturing to implement new technology.
- Follows existing documentation practices and continuously looks for improvements.
- Operates under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Previous experience in a
manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of materials and material requirements.