Shape your future
This position requires an individual experienced in the development of NPD projects, preferably medical capital devices, with direct responsibility in managing NPD projects. The role also includes direct responsibility in the supervision of personnel in the areas of project, design, testing and other technical aspects. The position must manage technical staff with expertise in digital and analog circuit design, power conversion, PCBA layout, FPGA based DSP, IP core integration and VDHL programming, IEC/UL compliance, RF energy, EMC emissions/compliance, formative and summative usability testing, and system engineering. A strong understanding of physics and electrical engineering fundamentals is required.
- Functional group management including day-to-day supervision of technical personnel and project managers;
- Staff recruitment, supervision, performance management and career development of direct reports;
- Managing technology and implementing product development strategies for capital products consistent with the company’s strategic plan;
- Lead as project manager including conducting team meetings, defining schedules, providing technical direction, and delivery of work products to the agreed upon schedule;
- Interface with Marketing to define end user needs;
- Communication of project progress and related information throughout the organization including regular reporting of project status and budgets;
- Acting as a technical and management resource for other departments.
Leave your footprint
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related technical field (e.g., applied physics);
- Advanced degree (M.S. or M.B.A.) is beneficial.
- Ten years work experience with progressively more responsible positions in engineering and product development.
- Five or more years in project management and functional group management.
- Management skills, including performance management, planning, scheduling, budgeting, and interdepartmental coordination, are essential.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and directives, such as FDA QSR, RoHS, IEC 62366 and UL/IEC 60601 series is necessary.
- Computer skills including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and project management tools (MS Project) are necessary.
CONMED offers competitive compensation Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage Short & long term disability plus life insurance – cost paid fully by CONMED Retirement Savings Plan (401K) – company match dollar for dollar up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan – allows stock purchases at discounted price Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses