Our client company is a leading international specialty chemicals company with sales in excess of $1 billion. With a global team of approximately 2000 employees, located in more than 20 countries, their footprint in market is both large and varied. Relying on manufacturing plants housed in North America and Europe, our partner produces innovative chemical solutions for the oil refinery, fuel specialty, oilfield and personal care markets.
Our client company’s Fuel Specialties business is a market leader in additives for diesel, gasoline and jet fuel. With a corporate facility located in Newark, Delaware (Greater Philadelphia Area) we are seeking an industry experienced Refinery Account Manager for the Midwest to join our team. Part of a small fuel focused research and technology group, this senior technical sales position is housed within the Fuel Specialties Americas business. This critical role will develop and execute sales plans in existing accounts and prospects to help grow our market share within the Midwest.
A consummate professional, your previous technical sales experience (minimum five years) within the chemical additives space and extensive refinery experience will be critical requirements for this position. Working from a home office, this role will consist of travel within the Midwest to prospect/customer locations for requirement identification, solution creation, training and project/solution roll out. An analytical thinker who works well independently, you possess excellent communication and problem solving skills. Your strong work ethic will be appreciated when timelines are tight and when working to deadline.
This is a career game changer – where you will join an experienced team who love what they do, strive for excellence and create meaningful, long term careers
- Develop and execute sales plans in existing accounts and in targeted prospective accounts, to meet territory revenue and profit goals.
- Develop strong business supply relationships with key decision makers in current and targeted customer accounts at all levels.
- Work closely with account base and prospects to bring business needs and the client solutions together in a positive, professional environment.
- Develop proposals, quotations and deliver presentations to customers and prospects to maintain and grow territory. Provide routine technical support and resources, as required.
- Provide periodic account reviews to ensure supply satisfaction, key performance indicators are met, and optimal performance is delivered.
- Actively sell and support the client innovations and technology to assigned customers and competitively held strategic accounts.
- Travel within sales territory on East Coast and refineries to the west. Participate in trade shows and industry functions.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential new programs.
- Plan sales and service activities proactively to ensure maximum return on time investment within territory. Maintain current customer contact database within company guidelines.
- Conduct business within the client company policy and compliance requirements.
- Familiar with these key product lines: CFI/Pour Point Depressants, Corrosion Inhibitors, Antioxidants, Cetane Improvers, H2S Scavengers, Metal Deactivators, Lubricity Additives, and Conductivity Improvers.
- Experience – Minimum 5 years’ Technical Sales experience in chemical / fuel additives for refinery applications. Specialty chemical recommendations and applications experience is essential. Extensive refinery experience required.
- Education – BS in Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge – Technical knowledge of chemical additives for refinery applications. Familiar with the following product lines: CFI/Pour Point Depressants, Corrosion Inhibitors, Antioxidants, Cetane Improvers, H2S Scavengers, Metal Deactivators, Lubricity Additives, and Conductivity Improvers.
- Sales Skills – Previous successful experience creating customer specific solutions and responding to technical proposals (both solicited and unsolicited) is key. Previous experience generating new business including cold calling
- Excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational abilities required.
- History of delivering results with minimal supervision, self-starter, self-motivated project management experience
- Highly competitive base salary and performance bonus
- Excellent benefits with unmatched medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Lovely 401(k) program with company match, pension